Sunday, January 18, 2009

22 Weeks and counting


A friend and neighbor from Richmond Hill has lost her precious baby.  She carried him 30 weeks.  I'm having a really hard time with this.  I think that Satan is trying to use this and many other situations to bring worry into my mind.  I'm already so in love with my baby boy that the thought of him ever being taken away is terrifying.  I know this isn't a cheerful, light hearted post, but I think it is always important to be honest and transparent.  
  I go to the doctor tomorrow for my monthly checkup and I can't wait to hear his little heart beating.  I know this isn't what I should be feeling but I feel a little anxious.  I know what God's word says about not being anxious, but I'm having a bit of a hard time with that application in my own life right now.  I'm sure everyone has times like this and every pregnant woman deals with these emotional ups and downs.  
  On a brighter note, I am feeling very good these days.  I have more energy and no nausea.  The baby is very active.  He kicks and moves all the time.  One of Richard's favorite pass times these days is talking to him with his head on my belly.  When the baby kicked him in the face last night Richard had the biggest grin on his face.  It was so sweet.  
  We registered the other day at Babies R Us.  That was fun!  It reminded me of when we were engaged and we did our wedding registry.  
  As far as names....no luck.  We have not come across that perfect name just yet, but when we do, I think we will know instantly.  At least I hope that is the case:)  Here's a picture of me at 22 weeks.....

No comments: