Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Politics

I'm not usually into debating and politics, but sometimes things in the political world just bother me. One such thing (or should I say PERSON) is Nancy Pelosi. I admire her for being our first female Speaker of the House. But, it concerns me that someone like her is the second in the line of presidential succession. There are many reasons for my strong feelings against her (not just because she's a liberal)

Pro-choice: Voted against the Partial Birth Abortion Ban Act of 2003

Against congressional resolution supporting the display of the 10 Commandments in courtrooms

For No Child Left Behind (Boo-Hiss)

Nancy was against the Defense of Marriage Act in 1996 and Against the Federal Marriage Act

I cannot believe that any member of Congress can go on the record saying that our President has become "a total failure, losing all credibility with the American people on the war, on the economy, on energy, you name the subject." I love that we have freedom of speech in America, but it's Americans like her that abuse our freedom and attack our leaders. Can I remind Mrs. Pelosi that our government has a system of checks and balances and the last time I checked, the legislative branch of our government has the sole power to declare war. The patriot in me cringes everytime I see Nancy Pelosi or hear her down my President.

During her speech to Congress she said, "I accept this gavel in the spirit of partnership, not partisanship, and look forward to working with you on behalf of the American people. In this House, we may belong to different parties, but we serve one country." Whatever Nancy. She is about as "partisan" as they come. She's not fooling ANYONE.

No comments: