Monday, September 8, 2008

Back From Death's Door

It started last Tuesday morning. I woke up with a terrible sore throat. Wednesday, much of the same. Thursday, something wonderful happened...no more sore throat, but I couldn't enjoy the relief for the simple fact that every orifice of my body was malfunctioning (I'm sure you wanted to know that). This was also the day of the Building 429 concert (more on that later). I sneezed, I coughed, I blew my nose, and I repeated the cycle ALL DAY LONG. It was miserable. This fun rides crescendo came on Friday after getting no sleep because of waking myself up snoring. You know that's when you are really snoring. I had a mild fever accompanied with chills...joy. Thankfully, my WONDERFUL husband had flowers for me when I got home and also had dinner made for me. He didn't say a word when I went to bed at 7:30 on Friday night and didn't really "get out" of bed until 3pm on Saturday afternoon. Thankfully, I'm on the rebound and feeling very optimistic about singing with the choir on Wednesday.

Something miraculous happened at the concert on Thursday. Amidst all my sneezing, Richard and I were led to sponsor a child through World Vision. They handed us the packet and we both cried. Our child's name is Rebeca. She is from Mexico. And guess what her favorite subject in school happens to be???? MATH. It's like she was born from our hearts. Isn't God hilarious sometimes? You must come over and see her picture on our refrigerator. She is beautiful and we are thrilled to be a part of her life.

2 comments:

UGA Girl at Heart said...

I hope you are feeling better!! Sending you love and smiles from MACON!

Anonymous said...

Kara and I decided to sponsor a World Vision child at a Glory Revealed concert. His name is Moolchand and he lives in India. Very cool kid!