Thursday, January 24, 2008

Friends and Gall Bladders

I've been thinking a lot about my friends and how much they mean to me. I really appreciate that I have such a wonderful variety of friends.
Some of my friends others might call acquaintances, but they are so much more than that. I may not see them often or talk to them every week, but I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that if I called them right now and needed anything, they would make it happen. I would do the same for them!

My friend Jessie is my sanity. She works with me, works out with me, knows everything going on in my world and still loves me! Her husband Shane is a great friend to Richard as well. I think I'm more excited about their bun in the oven than they are. I call him/her BG (Baby Gardner). Our friends Will and Meagan are so much fun. Richard and I could spend hours with them playing board games, watching the dogs play, or just talking. They are always there when we need them. As a matter of fact, they are rescuing Brin from being Boarded next week when we're out of town. Now instead of 3 times outside per day, she'll have non-stop fun with Nate (their 9 month old) and Baylen (their mini dacshund).

My sister gets a paragraph all her own. Actually she needs her own Blog entry. There is no explaining how much she means to me. When you share a womb with someone it kind of makes the connections you have with other people seem a little weak. There are some days when I'm driving home from work through Sprincon that I get such a strong urge to just keep driving to Bryan Bank just so I can sit at her customer service desk and be near her. If you think that's weird its because you are not a twin. I HATE living 45 minutes away from her and I realize that more and more every day. She's having her gall bladder removed tomorrow morning at an ungodly hour and I wish that I could be there. But, with 3 days off next week for the Bible School conference, I guess I'll have to settle for a post-op visit.

I am blessed to be able to say that they are at least 5 other friends that should be mentioned in this blog, but they love me enough and hopefully I tell them enough how much they mean to me. However, my bedtime and my cold nature are drawing me to my warm, comfy bed. I think I'm going to go put some fuzzy socks on.

1 comment:

Kelly P said...

Jessie is expecting?! Tell her congrats for me!! Love ya - Kelly