Monday, March 3, 2008

Angels among us

There's a little old man I work with in Effingham who is a retired baptist minister. He is super cool. He's so laid back. He wears cowboy boots and a cowboy shirt some days and that just makes me smile. He is a substitute teacher and I get to talk to him every now and then. It turns out that he knows my grandparents, the Howard's.

Apparently, there is some unwritten rule that all baptist ministers must know all the other one's with in a 60 mile radius...who knew?!? Anyways, this sweet little old man asks me about my grandparents every time I talk to him. He has a real heart for fellow retirees and likes to see them taken care of. He told me the other day about this "Adopt an Annuitant" program that they could apply for and possibly get a little extra cash every month (enough to cover one of their very expensive prescriptions). I got the application online and within a month, they started receiving this money!!! Then, the other day, he comes in my class and gives me an envelope with a cashiers check for $100 to give them. He said, "Now, don't tell them who this is comin' from." Needless to say, he is one of my favorite people in the world now and I feel like giving him a huge hug every time I see him. Let's pray some blessings down on this sweet man and his wife.

No comments: