Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Father's Day 2008

Thankfully, the Lord has helped me and brought me to a place where Father's Day doesn't hurt so badly. I actually sang on Sunday, which was a big deal. Richard and I went later that day to see dads grave in Richmond Hill before we went back to church for the Bible school meeting. He took this picture of me. I wasn't going to post it because I know how weird some people are about death and all things related, but Aunt Becky talked me into it at lunch today. I am so thankful that I had my dad for 16 years. He taught me so many things, that death can't take away. I couldn't help but think of him when I was singing "I love the Word of God" in church. He did love the Word of God. He taught me to love it and love to sing. Ironically, I was more sad for Richard on Sunday than I was for myself. I can't help but think about how amazing their relationship could have been and what an encouragement Daddy could have been to him (and Jonathan). Anyways, sorry if my picture bothers you, but it was kind of healing sitting down there and being able to smile. I miss my Daddy...but I am so thankful to have a loving Heavenly Father.

2 comments:

Becky said...

The pic is sweet, Beck. It proves we're not afraid of death. We've had so many deaths in our family these last few years, we've learned the hard way that death is just part of life. We have to cherish the memories we have - and those that we'll make, with our family and friends! Love You, Aunt Becky

p.s. I love your Blog!

Jessica said...

I thought that was very well said! I know exactly what you are talking about. While my Daddy did get to meet Tex, it still hurts that he won't have the relationship with my boys. All in all, there will come a day when see our Daddys again, as well as meeting our Heavenly Father!!